Which dog is your neighborhood?
I am in a love affair with our city. San Francisco is home to such a diversity of people. Each neighborhood has its own unique flavor - some might even be recognizable by people outside the city!
But do you know what I love more than San Francisco? Dogs! Are you one of those people who speaks to dogs on the street while completely ignoring the owner? Yeah, me too. Do you pride yourself on knowing all 184 recognized AKC dog breeds? Welcome to the club! Luckily for me (and you), San Francisco is one of the dog-friendliest cities in America. You can't even walk one city block without running into a pup – or poop – on the sidewalk.
This little animation is the long time brainchild of my obsession with dog breeds and the humorous stereotypes of SF neighborhoods. Hopefully no-one is offended :) Presenting the cast of San Frandingo:
- The American Staffordshire Terrier as the Mission
- The Golden Retriever as the Marina
- The Cairn Terrier as the Tenderloin
- The English Bulldogs as Bernal Heights
- The Afghan Hound as PAC Height.
- The Toy Poodle as SOMA
- The Alaskan Malamute as the Presidio
- The Shiba Inu as Potrero Hill
- The Chocolate Lab as Noe Valley
- The Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppies as the Haight
- The French Bulldog as the Castro
Curious about how I made this video? Want to learn about creating your own animated short? Check out an article I wrote on the making of San Frandingo.